Ballistic: Advanced Edition app for iPhone and iPad
2848 ratings )
Peak Studios LLC
Current version: 6.3.1
, last update: 4 months ago
First release : 29 Jan 2009
App size: 20.58 Mb
For serious shooters who are serious about their shot!!!
••• The most advanced ballistics calculator on the market
••• Trusted by the best: Armed Forces / Shooting Instructors / Lifelong Marksmen
••• Advanced Precision Ballistics
5 STARS: "I shoot on Team Louisiana Precision Rifles in Tactical rifle matches. Everyone on the team that uses Ballistic has had great results. This program has really been a game changer in the precision rifle world." - Bannon
5 STARS: "I have used this app for my 308 Rem 700 to my 338 Lapua. I have made some fun shots using this app. I have been using it ever since it was an iPhone app. US Marine Approved. Thanks!" - Ob1goose
5 STARS: "I used the data from Ballistic for a cold bore shot at 760 yards and center punched the plate. Sent another right on top of it. Done. No loading hassle or BS, just accuracy!" - Rick
Ballistic is a highly-accurate ballistic calculator and range companion. With its advanced capabilities, Ballistic can calculate for atmospheric conditions, Coriolis effect, gyroscopic spin, and more. Its also much more. With a vast library of nearly 5,000 projectiles and factory loads, rangefinder, range log, and head-up display, Ballistic is a complete mobile companion for hunting or at the range.
Ballistics world renowned JBM ballistics engine delivers the gold standard in calculations that other applications compare themselves to.
Advanced Edition Features:
- NEW: iPhone 6 internal barometer supported
- NEW: Kestrel K5 LiNK / Drop integration (in-app purchase)
- An advanced head-up display for mounted operation
- Advanced wind kit configurable for up to 8 wind sources
- Bryan Litz custom G7 ballistic coefficients
- 3D Trajectory imaging for visualizing bullet path
- Mil-Dot ballistics head-up display
- World renowned JBM ballistics engine for the most precise, accurate calculations in the industry.
- Load Library: Nearly 5,000 commercial and military projectiles and factory loads from leading manufacturers or specify your own projectile properties. Includes latest commercial data and military coefficients established at Aberdeen Proving Grounds. Also includes Bryan Litz advanced G7 ballistic coefficients and bullet lengths.
- iCloud Sync: Sync your favorites, optics profiles & range log to all of your devices
- One-Touch Atmospheric Correction: Instantly adjust your calculations for zero or current atmosphere. Weather updated based on your current location (from a weather service), or enter your own atmospheric values.
- Advanced Wind Kit: Powerful tool enabling you to create complex wind configurations for up to eight different wind sources!
- Variable (Stepped) BCs: Includes many popular commercial projectiles from select manufacturers, for more precise calculations.
- Ballistic Charts: Display a chart of the current projectile including drop, energy, and velocity. Compare wind drift. Compare up to eight projectiles on the same chart. Zoom charts up to 300% and save a full size chart to your photo album.
- HUD: Full featured Mil-Dot ballistics head-up display; estimate using on-screen Mil-dot reticle, and see milling holdovers, with easy on-screen adjustment.
- Target Log: Keep a journal of all your hunts, shoots, adjustments, points of impact, and scores. Includes group calculator, integrated score log, multiple target types, and camera and GPS support. Generate cold barrel and scoring reports for each rifle.
- Angular Acquisition: Aim the device at the target like a remote control, or mount on your weapon to receive real-time angular correction.
- Adjustable Units: Elevation and windage output units in inches, centimeters, arcminutes, milliradians, and click values ranging from full click to 1/8 click (or custom click values).
- Calculate your own ballistic coefficients based on two chronograph measurements or data from the back of an ammo box.
... and much more!
Pros and cons of Ballistic: Advanced Edition app for iPhone and iPad
Ballistic: Advanced Edition app good for
I am really impressed overall. There does however seem to be some things missing. The biggest for me being the MOA calculator, it would be really nice to have the option for "True MOA" (1.0476" @ 100 yds) or "Shooters MOA" (1" @ 100 yds). This makes a huge difference. Also if in settings for HUD, you select 1/4 clicks, instead of haveing to figure out in your head what 27 click will show on you turret as (6.75 or 6 whole clicks and three, 1/4 clicks). Much faster in field.
Ok. Trust it and you will hit your target. It works almost flawlessly. Great selection of calibers and loads. HUD helps you when shooting up or down (angle compensation). One glitch: when comparing the performance of different loads, the charts are transposed on top of each others and this leads to false energy/drop readings
rigelx- I dont know what your problem (or motive) is but this app has worked perfectly for me and Ive compared it to numerous other ballistic programs, and the updates and fixes are frequent.
I bought this app since I wanted something faster than going to JBM online. I like the app overall, a lot. But, it has a few glaring omissions, notably that its missing the Litz and rimfire projectile models, in addition to target lead for moving targets. I dislike that you cant choose the units in both columns of the output like you can online. I like the output to be both mils and MOA, as I rarely communicate trajectories in inches. I also dislike that you cant set it to round off mils to one decimal, which thankfully IS done in the HUD. Overall, an excellent app. But, I do hope these deficiencies are addressed in the next version.
Overall pretty good, have to use it a little to get used to accessing and saving data, would be nice if it had a feature that would calculate your zero distance based on the point of impact at a known range...like the nightforce program has
Couldnt ask for a better ballistics app for the iPhone!
Ive been waiting a long time for an app that lets me input wind data from multiple points downrange!
This app has the options of choosing a simple user friendly HUD with a pre loaded cartridge; to advanced options including user defined: projectile, drag model, spin drift, and coriolis effect.
This is a ballistics app using JBM calculations with any variable I could think of using.
Some bad moments
Save your money, gentlemen!
This app is unstable. The weather, for example: you never know what U gonna get, Im switching from NOAA to Geonames with very little result, numbers pops by themselves and dont match my GPS or Aeroweather app, which takes report from NOAA too.
Altitude is always different. Cant obtain location or shows wrong numbers. Temperature jumps from -17c to +20c (what?). U close the app and loose all your entries, even when the SAVE is on. Need to re-enter agane.
U choose one amo - it jumps to the other...
I can continue forever...
What a headache!
Save your money, gentlemen, save your money.
Sent from Rigel.
The problem looks to be pretty good BUT unless the developer writes some proper instructions or better yet tutorials (like other ballistic apps have) for first time users the program is essentially useless.
This seems like a good app so far, but, there is no support for Federal ammunition what-so-ever.
I use all sorts, from cheap, to top cost ammo.
Would really like to see support for federal and others for .308Win/.223Rem.
Will rate higher.
Ok just bought this app. Not what I expected totally useless!! -5 stars
Downloaded this morning. Screen is locked on trajectory. No response from any pick point.
The app will not open. It is locked up on the Trajectory screen. I didnt mind paying for the app, but I was expecting it to work.
Ballistic Advanced: JBM Ballistics Calculator,
peak studios llc,
and other. So, download free Ballistic: Advanced Edition .ipa to run this nice iOS application on iPhone and iPad.
Usually Ballistic: Advanced Edition iOS app used & searched for